Get 10% off when you use code FIRST10 at checkout! SHOP NOW
There are few things more satisfying than treating yourself to a bowl of ice cream, walnut brownie, or a scrumptious slice of chocolate cake. But some people can’t eat gluten at all, and other people are sensitive to it. But the reasons to start trying gluten-free desserts go beyond just diet.
One of the main reasons a lot of people go gluten free is because they have Celiac, an autoimmune disease that prevents the body from digesting gluten properly. Gluten is a complex protein that is formed when certain grains, such as rye, barley, oats and wheat are milled.
For people suffering from Celiac disease, avoiding gluten isn’t really a choice. Their bodies cannot digest the protein, causing the body to attack itself. This can lead to serious side effects such as malnutrition and ulcers. But there are plenty of reasons for going gluten-free that have nothing to do with Celiac.
1. Refined wheat isn’t very nutritious for you. While you still need complex carbohydrates in your diet, there are healthier choices than wheat.
2. Cutting gluten from your diet can help you feel more energized.
3. Wheat makes it harder for your body to absorb certain vitamins and minerals. Avoiding it can help you to get more nutrients from your diet.
4. Millions of people suffering from Celiac have not been diagnosed. Your diet could be making you sick and you don’t even know it!
5. There are plenty of delicious gluten-free dessert options, so you never have to feel like you’re missing out.
Whether you’re going gluten-free for health reasons or simply want to change up your diet, at Betha Maes we have a wide variety of delicious, indulgent gluten-free brownies, including chocolate mint, cinnamon chip, macadamia nut and peanut butter. Be sure to check out our delicious treats or order online at your convenience!